Saturday, March 26, 2011

Four Out of Ten

There is an article on yahoo about the 10 places every kid should see. I'm not a kid by a long shot but I want to see these places too!!!!

1 - Grand Canyon (Arizona) - I kinda saw this. I didn't go to the famous places but I was in the area. I was driving from Utah to Oklahoma and then on to NC. I was close and saw lots of cool stuff so I think I'll be satisfied with what I saw.

2- The National Mall (DC) - Oh, yeah. Been there and done that. Numerous times.

3 - Redwood National Park (California) - never been to CA.

4 - Ellis Island (New York) - How have I missed this one? I did go to New York for a short visit but this wasn't even on my list. With all my years of doing genealogy I really should have been to this one.

5 - Niagara Falls (New York) - Ah, yes. Loved it both times I went.

6 - Yellowstone National Park (Wyoming, Montana and Idaho) - Yes, please? May I go there next?

7- Colonial Williamsburg (Virginia) - I've been there several times and could be happy going again. History, history, history!

8 - Craters of the Moon National Monument and Preserve (Idaho) - Now this one I don't think I've ever heard of before. It is considered "the only officially weird park" in the country. Ok, sounds like my kinda place.

9 - Independence Hall (Pennsylvania) - I never made it to Philadelphia. I'd like to see this one.

10 - Alcatraz Island (California) - Ok, if you paid attention to #3 you will know I've never been to CA. I'm not sure Alcatraz would be big on my list but San Francisco most definitely is on the list.

So, where would YOU recommend everybody should go -little kid, big kid or somewhere in between?

No comments: