Monday, September 19, 2011

Fibromyalgia and the Weather.

Fibromyalgia is a nasty disease anyway. Hard to diagnose and folks tend to think you are making it up. I feel really bad that it is probable that my mother had this and we all thought she was a hypochondriac. As if having the disease isn't bad enough, feeling the guilt over Mom and so forth - weather changes are unreal. We went from the 90's to high 50's in one day. My body let me know without a doubt that it thought this was a bad idea. Day one was met with severe aches all over (as if I had a bad flu) and chills so bad that my teeth chattered. It took 3 hours under an electric blanket and a quilt for this nonsense to stop. My hands and feet were determined to never warm up. Day two still had pain but added an awful headache that I still have after two days. I'm still cold. My feet and hands are ice blocks. AND it's not cold yet.

No comments: