Thursday, November 1, 2007

My Halloween

Halloween wasn't a big deal when I was growing up. HOWEVER, once I had children, I became addicted and I enjoyed making the holiday a fun time for everyone. I loved the kids dressing up, handing out candy and yes, I dressed up too. I always made a big pot of chili on Halloween so everyone could eat when they felt like it and it was warm and yummy for a cold night.

Somewhere along the way the adults ruined Halloween. They became worried about the "message" being sent to kids. You know, evil, the devil, spooks and the supernatural and so forth. Halloween is what you make it. I wanted to make it fun and now everyone is talking about HOLYween and Harvest Night or Fall Festival. For crying out loud, people, it's an excuse to dress up and visit neighbors and get more candy than can be eaten in a month.









Tonight was better than the last few years of Halloweens. I dressed up as Marilyn Monroe - 50 yrs later. Rouge slicks on my cheeks, gold eye shadow caked on and BRIGHT red lipstick - smeared. I kept trying to have lipstick on my teeth but I kept eating it.




Next I went to Graham and went Trick or Treating with My Little Pumpkin, Tyler. He's so cute! Pepper was dressed as Yoda and their neighborhood was perfect for Trick or Treat. Here are some picture of the night. NOTE: Mommy was NOT to thrill when Pawpaw gave Tyler a butterscotch sucker, but he knew just what to do with it!















One day my kids will stop making faces or hiding from the camera but today wasn't the day. Happy Halloween!



1 comment:

jenn said...

Wow, that's a lot of make-up there, missy. Should I tell you what you told me when I was a teenager with too much make-up? You look like a tart...well, I guess Marilyn was a tart, so I guess you're OK. Tyler is such a cutie. I don't know how that's possible because he looks just like Paul. LOL! J/K!