Sunday, August 31, 2008

Mama Mia!

Ok, so I'm addicted. It's not a BAD addiction. I'm just driving everyone around me insane.

Abba sang songs when I was younger. The whole script was made around these songs. I saw the movie and loved it. At first it was a little weird to have them burst into song, especially actors who are not known for their singing. I mean, James Bond never sang, did he? But I loved the story - it was what was going on when I was younger so the fact that this lady didn't know which of the three men was her daughter's father . . . well, it wasn't a big deal in the olden days.

I went out and bought the soundtrack and I am singing these songs all the time. When I'm not singing, I'm humming. Those poor kids that I work with are going to start humming the songs and they'll kill me. Death by spreading humming?

Honey, honey - how you thrill me, uh hunh, honey, honey. I work all night, I work all day, I pay the bills I hafta pay - ain't it sad? - and still there never seems to be a single penny left for me - that's too bad. - money, money money - must be funny, in a rich man's world- Here I go again, mama mia - how can I resist ya? Somehow those three songs lose something without the music. Oh, well.

No comments: