Sunday, January 29, 2012

My Trip continued

Ok, so that idea didn't happen. The trip was long and hectic - also fun and rewarding. I'm settled (kinda) and working and oh so tired.

Day 2 of the trip started with a wreck happening in front of me. I stopped to help and realized the guy had some sort of agenda of his own. He was ticked that others called 911 even though he was the victim of a hit and run. I got back on the road and caught up with the car that hit him. He was having engine trouble from the crash and couldn't go very fast. I called and gave his license plate number and went on to a day going through the mountains (bye Blue Ridge Mountains) and Tennessee. I can't remember where I stopped that night without checking my records but I slept comfortably on an air mattress, sleeping bags and blankets in the back of my car which I was towing. I slept at a truck stop with a whole bunch of truckers and was very safe. I slept with my feet up so that helped with the swelling in my feet, legs and ankles. This problem was the part of my trip that was not good. I'm still fighting the effects today.

Day 3 continued across the country and ended in Overland Park, KS where I spent two nights with Sarah, Isaac and Allie. They were wonderful hosts and showed me around the town. The best part was just being with them. I miss them so much and could have just looked at them for hours but Sarah would have bonked me over the head. Allie still remembers me. That's pretty awesome. She's the one who changed my opinion of Chihuahuas and I still love that little stinker. I guess you can figure out that saying goodbye to those three produced the watery (aka sobbing) miles for the beginning of Day 5.

No comments: