Thursday, January 12, 2012

My Trip - Day One

This day was hectic and scary. Most of the truck was packed. I had some things in a storage unit that still needed to go in, getting the tow dolly put on and getting on the road. The hardest part was saying goodbye to friends. Ruth and Brother Johnson helped me load the truck and Amy got there in time to watch us close the door. (SMILE). Leah got there in time to say goodbye too. I've been trying very hard to not blubber like a baby (at least until I pull away) when I say goodbye. Those first few miles down the road were watery.

My first leg of the trip was going to Nadine's house and visiting with family. It was so good to see everyone. Allison tried to keep me in tears. Just kidding. We had a great time talking and laughing. We shared stories and remember whens. Felicia didn't know I was at her house on the night she was born. Some of the stories were the kind where you have to say "I have no knowledge of those events . . . " Hmmmm . . . Allison knew most of those.

We had some great Chinese food and I got lots of hugs. It wasn't a long stretch of my trip but it was fun.

No comments: