Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sleep

I've had several sleeping disorders for a long time so I'm not surprised that I'm going through a "spell" at the moment. There is nothing like not being able to go to sleep, not stay asleep or can't sleep more than 15 - 30 minutes at a time and so forth. It's a nightmare.

The one I seem to do every time the time changes is my body doesn't know when to sleep. My nights and days get mixed up and I find myself awake at night and can't stay awake during the day. I've tried explaining it to a lot of people and the one thing I've heard several times is that is if I make myself stay awake during the day then I'll sleep that night and be back on schedule. I've done this before and it hasn't worked so why I tried again is beyond me. So with 2 1/2 hours of sleep last night (this morning), I made myself stay awake. It is now almost 2:30 am and my body aches and is exhausted. My brain is moving 100 miles per hour and is no where near sleep. I toss and turn and become a bear - Willow thinks I've lost both of my marbles and that she may have eaten them by mistake.

I've tried milk, hot and cold. I've tried OTC sleeping aids and Ambian. I exercise but not before bed and so forth and so on. Any brilliant ideas would be appreciated although it will probably just have to work itself out like it always does.

I wish I could say, nighty-night.

No comments: