Sunday, September 7, 2008

Birthday Blues, (and pinks and reds)

Have I mentioned that I love being a Gramama? I'm sure I have at least a time or two (or five million).

Being an absent Gramama isn't as great. I want to be with all the grandkids, at the same time - all the time. For the grandkids that are far away (which is most of them) it means I don't know their likes and dislikes, what toys they have and/or like or want. It's very depressing. The obvious solution is sending gift cards to them or checks to the parents and let them go out and buy the gifts. Very non-satisfying. Half the fun is picking the gift out, wrapping the gift and watching them open the gift.

So I got a few gifts (paying attention to size and weight of the gift) and had a blast wrapping them and then got to get a box so I could send it by mail. I hope that Miss Chloe enjoys and likes her gifts. I had fun getting them. Happy birthday, Chlobear.

No comments: