Monday, September 15, 2008

Melancholy

Melancholy - such a strange word. However most people know exactly how it feels.

This is the time that I start getting really sad because most of my family is far away. I miss my kids (that includes their wonderful spouses) and I miss my grandchildren. I have one grandchild that I've never seen in person and have very few pictures of her at all, plus kids grow fast so I'm sure she doesn't look like the pictures I have.. SIGH...

The reason that I start the sad time is the birthday months have started and holidays that scream family are going to be here soon. My girls were kind enough to be born in different months. September starts off with Chloe and Sarah, October is Jennifer, November is Lisa and then comes Thanksgiving and Christmas. Days we used to celebrate were Dad's birthday, Mine and Robbie's anniversary, Robbie's birthday, and Grammy and Grandpa Harry's birthdays and Kyle's birthday. I probably forgot something. It always got busy with lots of cake making (I decorated a kaboodle of cakes in my day!) Now I remember to mail gifts and sit here alone wishing I was with them. Bummer.

No comments: