Thursday, February 21, 2008

The word "No"

See - I know how to spell it. I even hear myself say it sometimes, unfortunately with the word problem afterwards - oh well.

This is a word that women should use - more often than they do. We want to please. We want to be helpful. We want to be useful. However we also forget that we need to take care of ourselves or there won't be anyone to take care of everyone else.

So, all men reading this - teach all the women in your life that it is ok to not do everything that we are offered and that you support us in the effort to take care of ourselves.

And all women reading this? Repeat after me . . . it is OK to say no. We do not have to take care of the entire world without taking care of ourselves.

EXCELLENT. I've changed the world today.

No comments: