Thursday, December 27, 2007

$50 Ham Sandwich

As promised, here is the story of the $50 ham sandwich.

When I went to OK in November, my daughter and her husband had Thanksgiving Dinner early since I was there and they would be moving around Thanksgiving. The meat was a Spiral-Cut Ham and was delicious. I ate ham sandwiches several days and was a happy camper.

Since then I've been wanting a ham sandwich. Turns out I want the same spiral-cut ham cause nothing else satisfied. Now when you live by yourself, it's hard to go buy one of these hams. Every time I would stop by, they would swear they really do carry a 1/4 ham. They just never seem to have one available. So - just before Christmas I decided I was getting a spiral-cut ham no matter the size. This was my Christmas gift to myself.

I go to the store on Christmas Eve day with all the 4 million people who decided they needed a ham too. The store mounts this huge search for that 1/4 ham they really believe exists and come back with the smallest ham they have. Price tag? Just over $50. As I said, I was determined to leave with a ham so I bought it. I ate my wonderful ham sandwich that night - after I took a picture of my $50 ham sandwich. YUMMY!

So,

- Bread? $2
- Mayo? $2
- Pickles? $3
- Ham? $50

My Ham sandwich experience? Priceless!!!!

The picture of the ham sandwich? Oops! Ate it before I took the picture. Use your imagination.

1 comment:

Ken and Lisa said...

You know that you could freeze some of the rest of the ham and eat it in the future when you have cravings. By the way you aren't supposed to be the one with cravings. I'm the pregnant one.