Sunday, December 2, 2007

Devotional times 2

I had a great opportunity this weekend. Not only did I go to the church to watch the First Presidency's Christmas Devotional tonight, I attended a devotional held for the Raleigh NC temple workers in Apex last night. The spirit was strong in both events.

For me, the Christmas message was my main celebration of Christmas. I'll still visit kids, go caroling and so forth but I planned this to be my main celebration. The messages were perfect for me and the music made my spirit soar. I can't think of a better way to celebrate the birth of Jesus.

Last night's message was different but no less special. The temple presidency had an hour long mixer so workers from all the different shifts would be able to mingle, eat and enjoy each other's company. Then we went into the chapel where there were talks about the blessings of the temple and we expressed our gratitude to have a temple so close to us.

I am so grateful to have been introduced to the church so that I could gain my testimony of the Gospel. The influences of so many good people has helped me to grow as a person and I am happy to proclaim; I KNOW the church is true and is led by prophets in this modern day. I can not imagine my Heavenly Father establishing the organization of His church through His Son's ministry and then letting us fall by the wayside. He has provided a way for us to return to Him and is guiding our leaders today.

No comments: