Saturday, December 15, 2007

My "coincidence"

I wanted to write all about my trip but instead I'm going to whine. On Nov 13th I went to the doctor to review my medications. I was well when I went in. I got a flu shot while I was there.

The next morning I woke up sick. Achy, sinus pain, coughing, sneezing - the whole nine yards. Since I had gotten the flu shot the day before I figured it was a reaction to the shot and called to see if I needed to do anything special or treat it just like a regular cold. I was informed that you can't get sick from the flu shot. It's a dead virus. It was just a "coincidence." After a week of misery, my "coincidence" got infected in my sinuses. Calling the doctor got me the same story of "can't get sick from . . . it's a coincidence" and a prescription for an antibiotic for the sinus infection. The meds made my sinuses feel better but the original coincidence was going strong. I flew in two airplanes to get to the west. I stayed sick while in Utah and started getting worse the day before leaving to come home. Two more planes and LOTS of pain in my ears and sinuses.

I got home from the airport and crashed - sleeping from 10 am until 3 pm - back in bed by 5 pm and up again at 8:30 am. MISERY. I called the doctors office to tell them I was going to be seen by the doctor. So I see the doc at 10:30 to be told that my ears are badly infected, sinuses infected and so forth. When I told her that I had been sick since the day after seeing her on the 13th and therefore had been sick a month, she acted as if she didn't believe me. She thinks this one is a different illness. DON'T YOU HAVE TO GET WELL BEFORE YOU GET SICK AGAIN?

More expensive medicine for two weeks this time. whinewhinewhinewhinewhine

1 comment:

Ken and Lisa said...

Doctors don't know anything. We've talked about this before. Ken always gets sick after the flu shot too. This time he got the nasal mist and he didn't get sick.